Friday, October 06, 2006

Blunt honesty

In the past, I've been the king of bad comments that make people stop in their tracks and look at me like I'm growing an extra head. But sometimes I hear someone else do it it makes me glad I'm not the only person who does it.

For instance earlier this week I got outta work late, and me and some folks went to the local all night diner. We're sitting around chatting waiting for food, and I'm enjoying a damn fine cup of green tea. The girl sitting across from me gets a call, talks for a moment, gets off the phone and decides to announce, "That was a booty call, but I don't think I'm gonna take him up on it?"

The table looks at her with puzzled faces. Turn down a booty call? Who the hell does that? She then announces, "Well it's been awhile so I'm not 'maintained' down there.", aka she hasn't "trimmed the hedge".

The table is silent for two seconds then laughter erupts from everyone at the table. Hot damn! Too much information is a funny thing sometimes. But hey, you gotta give the girl props about caring about her appearance, in and out of her clothes.

No comments: