Monday, October 30, 2006

Doctor update

Yep folks, it's official. Rusty has high blood pressure. The kicker was the nurse telling me that if I get blurry vision, slurred speech, or pain on the left side get my ass to the emergency room. Waitaminit! Those are symptoms of a heart attack or a stroke (or a really good night at the bar)! Is it REALLY that bad?? Well geez, thanks for scaring the shit outta me lady, the b/p went up a little more hearing that!

Did a check Friday, and then one today. I was referred to a doctor today that, cause I don't have insurance takes cash or is willing to work out a payment plan.

Hmmmm.......That's all well and good, but I don't have the cash in the first place!

So that makes the blood pressure go up a little more. Wonderful.

Next course of action; find some home remedies that are out there that will help to reduce it. Oh yeah, and watching what I eat & drink, cutting back on smoking, etc.

Any of you out there know of anything I'd be more than happy to hear about it.

2 comments:

satyavati said...

Hey Rusty,

So how high is it? That's really the question. The reason this is important is because there's a huge difference between say 138/90 and 210/118. Not just in numbers. Lots of times a mild increase in pressure is just anxiety and transient; not like 'having high blood pressure'.

That being said, you can lower it by letting go of all the salty stuff, keeping yourself hydrated, leaving off the alcohol and QUITTING (not just 'cutting back') smoking.

In case you think I've totally wiped out all the fun, you can also lower your blood pressure by relaxing; and one great way to relax is with an orgasm. So besides things like yoga, stretching, exercise.. go get laid. Tell the girls the doctor said you had to :)

And don't let them talk you into any medications until you've given all this stuff a fair try. Especially if you have no insurance. And let me know if you have any questions.

smooch :)

Brent said...

How about "RELAX!!!!!" Don't worry, be HAPPY! Get on the sunny side of life!!