Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Worn the hell down

Finally a few moments to spend on the blog.

Last week, busy as all get out. This week, not much better. Stuff just jumps outta nowhere all over me.

It still kills me, the assumption that college students are a slacker lot. I've worked in the "real world" while I took a few years break from the college world, and thinking through all the jobs I worked during that time, EVEN when I was working 2-3 jobs at a time, that this is the hardest I've ever worked.

You spend your day in class, and then right after that I hit the job (lucky for me right on campus). Work for a few hours and get home. BUT when I get home, I still have a hella stack of homework or reading to take care of. Slack on any of those things and then you're so behind in a class you may as well take an 'F'. And that's not gonna happen.

Add on top of that getting things ready for graduation in December. Getting everything lined up dotting all the i's and crossing the T's, it's a major pain in the ass. Not to mention that I've had issues with getting a class to count for graduation as a gen-ed course (long story there, let's just say that some jackass forgot to double stamp a piece of paper, thus breaking down the lines of communication between 3 different offices on campus. Hmmmm.......Didn't mean to go that long).

ADD ON TOP OF THAT, the stress that people lay down on you just by simply asking, "So whadda gonna do when you get outta school?" I know it's a harmless question on their part, but it sends my brain into a fit. Oh shit, I still gotta look for a FRIKKIN JOB! THAT'S THE REASON I'M HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE!!! DAMNIT!!!

Yeah, add all those things together, plus remembering most of the time to shower, clean my place, and the other little shit like eating................That's a little bit on me plate. Lucky me there's not a spouse or kids to throw in this mix.

You lucky fools who complain about how hard your 9-5 job is when all you have to do is go home at the end of the day, crack open a beer and chill on the couch. Walk a little bit on my side of the fence. You'll never bitch about how hard you have it at work again.

2 comments:

Travis said...

You feeling the pressure a little bit there Pooky?

Relax bro, you'll make it and then you can be one of those (like me) who can go home, crack a beer and veg on the couch if you want.

Rusty said...

Pooky?