Sunday, November 26, 2006

Plunging further into the depths of geekdom




Posting these images means I'll never EVER get laid again.

I finally broke down and started getting into the now canned sci-fi/western show "Firefly". Really wondering why it took me so long to get into it seeing as how I was a big fan of "Buffy" the other show created by Joss Whedon. Rented a disc of some episodes over the Thanksgiving break, and between what I had caught on reruns? Yeah totally friggin' hooked.

I decided that I wanted to pick up the only season of shows on DVD, so I hit the local "entertainment superstore" to grab up the set. After securing a copy I looked around the rest of the store, and lo and behold what do I find..........

But a die cast metal replica of the Enterprise! Whooohooo!! I've been wanting one of those damn things for the LONGEST time! So what do I do? The only thing that I can do, I picked up both.

Walking through the store I had the urge to start screaming, "NO, I DON'T LIVE IN MY PARENTS BASEMENT AND I HAVE AN ACTIVE SOCIAL LIFE!!" I opted not to do that. I do have some self control.

Quite a sight to see, this evening in my living room. "Firefly kicking on the TV while I'm playing with a Star Trek ship. Usually I can keep my normal level of geekness in check, but tonight it was like a sci-fi convention of one in my living room.

Times like that? Kinda glad I live alone.

2 comments:

Travis said...

Mad geek props on da Firefly/Star Trek tip...word.

satyavati said...

I still think you're very doable.
*smooch*