Saturday, December 02, 2006

And another thing...........

While I was on the topic of that fucked up job, another story of, "what the fuck?"

One of the things that the company wanted us to do, no required us to do, was when someone opened a new account at the video store was to give the new member a tour of
the store, showing them what was what and the deals that we have in the store.

That's right, I was supposed to walk you through the store like it was the damn museum of natural history.

Ok, I don't know about you, but this tells me a couple of things about the setup. The store doesn't put the movies in specific sections like drama or comedy. It has a new release wall, nearly new, and 2 for 1 among the sections, everything mixed in together. This tells me that setup may be too confusing to someone looking for something, so we have to show you around the store.

Another thing? How insulting is it that you have to be shown around a friggin video store? "You aren't bright enough to see signs telling you how much things are and where things are. Here, let me show you!" Bear in mind that most people, when they come into a new store they scope out the whole place as soon as they get in there! They've already seen all the shit! They don't need some asshole to show them around a second time.

Like I said in the last post, in retrospect, I'm happy to be outta there. Time to look forward now.

1 comment:

Joshua Xalpharis said...

I can see the board meetings...

"I'm supposed to believe we're making a profit?! Well, we'll show those goddamned employees! Oh, we'll make them look like complete idiots, turning this company into a successful business and all that nonsense. We'll make sure they never trust us again for even the smallest, most petty things imaginable. I promise, as long as I'm in charge, this company will never make a cent. Meeting adjourned".

Bastards.