Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Little bit 'o music

To start off, is it just me, or does it really FUCK with your head that they're using the Violent Femmes song "Blister In The Sun" for fucking Wendy's??? Isn't that a song about jerking off or something like that? Yeah, while I'm eating a burger I wanna think about a song about beating your dick like it owes you money.

That being said..............

Picked up an iTunes card today to pick up some songs on-line. Why'd I pick up the card? You think I'm gonna put my bank account info out there for every asshole to pick up? No thanks! Not even with PayPal will I go there. Known enough people who have been shafted and got their credit fucked up to deal with that!

What did I buy? Glad you asked! Here's a sample of what I purchased (or how messed up in the head I am)

"Gin and Juice", and "Guerilla Radio" by Richard Cheese
"Gimmie All Your Lovin", and "Sharp Dressed Man" by ZZ Top
"Blue Orchid" by the White Stripes
"99 Problems" by Jay-Z
"To Be Loved" by Papa Roach (so I like one song from an otherwise shitty band, cut me some slack!)
"Let's Get It Started", and "Hey Mamma" from Black Eyed Peas

And from the 80's.........."Dead Man's Party" from Oingo Boingo and "One Night In Bangkok" from Murray Head (the last one falls under show tunes as well, no homo).

Last but not least........Sid Vicious covering Sinatra's classic "My Way".

Hey, I'm just a guy with some way jacked up taste in music who likes to cover all the bases.

2 comments:

Xavier Onassis said...

Hey, I actually recognoze some of those tracts.

Maybe I'm not dead yet after all.

satyavati said...

Back in the way gone day when I had my radio show on the college station my theme song was a mixture of the Hogan's Heroes theme, machine-gun fire, and Sid singing My Way.

I was pretty fucked up.