Monday, March 12, 2007

Anatomy of, "What The Hell?"

or.............Meeting People You Met On-Line Isn't Always A Good Idea.

I'll break this whole story down from the past few days.........

Wednesday Night: I'm goofing around on MySpace, deleting the friend requests from web cam girls, when in all of them is a friend request from a lady that lives near me. Around my age, pretty cute, and found me to top it all off! Thinking what the hell, I accept the request, and there's immediately a message from her. The rest of the evening is us talking about ourselves till she signs off.

Thursday: We talk on MySpace more. That evening, I look at her profile and I'm the number two friend on there! I'll be damned! To be a nice guy, I put her up at number two as well. She asks if I would like to meet up of lunch sometime. I tell her yes and to let me know when and where would be good for her. She suggests I meet up with her Saturday night, as her and some friends have a "girl's night out" between the Plaza/Westport/Downtown. I agree. First mistake? A guy meeting a girl for the first time while she's out with her friends? Spider Sense is tingling. A little bit of flirting is happening between us, the two of us filling the others comments.

Friday: More talking on MySpace. She admits to me that she has a boyfriend! The pic of a guy on her page is now referenced as boyfriend, and now there's a pic of the two of them that wasn't there the day before. Hmmmmm.........She asks if I'm still up for meeting her. I went ahead and said yes. I was curious.

Did this girl want:

To dump the current guy and meet someone new? I'm not a prize winner, but looking at the pics of her beau? Guy makes a bison look like Clooney!

Just to meet someone new as a friend? That was what she said when she told me she had a boyfriend. Looking at her profile her status was "Divorced", and the one pic of her beau on the page said nothing about him being a boyfriend. Something is rotten in Denmark.

A one night stand? If the girl has a guy, the answer is no. Even if her current guy looks like a bulldog. Like I said I was curious about the whole deal, and I had already agreed and didn't want to look like a dick.

Saturday Night: The big night. I get home from work, change clothes, get some friends to ride with for the meet-up, and away we go.

The bar on the Plaza her and her friends are at is packed to the gills. We find them, and I get to meet her face to face. Cute girl! Thinking twice about the one night stand thing. It's a little too packed for my friends, so they head to a joint less busy down the block. Already there's a problem. One of the guys from that "Home Makeover Make People Cry" show is talking to the group of girls, dropping sleazy flirting. I can't get a word in edgewise. Great.

The group decides to hit a dance club downtown. Now you folks know me..........

Rusty+dance clubs=oil and water. Hell, it was a miracle I agreed to go to a trendy Plaza bar! I was starting to miss the Buzzard Beach. I called my crew and told them what the plan was. They were eating where they were at and would meet me and the girls down there when they were done. I hopped in the girl's SUV, and away we went.

On the way the three girls in the car talked about their divorces and the settlements they got. I was able to get out my current job and some other little snippets about me, not much else.

We hit the night club. Huuuuuuuge fucking line. a member of the group that met us down there said we could bribe the doorman to let us in for 50 bucks for the group. Fuck me running! I hadn't paid to get into a club in a few years, and had NEVER had to bribe my way into a place! A situation like that usually I'd laugh and flip off the door guy. I consented and put some money in with the others. When we get in, we still have to pay the door charge! 15 dollars just to get in the damn place now! My thoughts go to how many PBR's I could have sucked down at the Buzzard for 15 bucks. I called my friends, and told them what was going down. Now way they're be able to pull the same thing to get in if they wanted to! It was agreed that they'd just come and pick me up when it was time to bail.

We get into the dance club. Seen one you've seen 'em all. I was trying to estimate the amount of cocaine and roofies that the patrons had on them. But on the upside, the group I was with was pretty nice and having some fun, and no "Home Makeover" jackass with us. We hit the main dance floor with some drinks. I gotta admit that I danced around a little, and was having a good time. A little after I got the call from the friends. They were on the way to pick me up, so time to go.

I told the girl in question that I had to take off, so she gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek, I give her one back and take off to meet the friends and head home.

The verdict? She seemed lie a nice girl and I had a good time, but wished I had a better opportunity to talk to her, what with the loud music, other friends of hers, and the Bob Vila asshat, not much of a chance.

Sunday, THE DAY AFTER: I get a message from her asking if I had fun. I told her I did, and that I wished I could have hung out a little longer, but we'd be able to next time, leaving it open for meeting in the future. The only other communication that day was her saying that she liked the changes I made to the profile.

Monday: Tonight I go to the MySpace and I notice that I've been dropped as her friend cause she's out of my top friends! I go to look at her page and it is now set to private and I can't see shit. What the hell?

I had a couple theories brewing in my head. I called a friend who I had talked about the whole situation to, she looked and indeed, the profile was private for her as well, meaning that I hadn't been blocked be her.

The general assumption between the two of us? The bison-looking boyfriend found out what went down, what with the two of us meeting up, got pissed, and made her drop me as a friend and set the profile to private. The only other things that I can think is that she wasn't that impressed with me in person, and decided to just drop me as a friend, or she felt bad about flirting with another guy, and dropped me. I'm going with the first. My friend also reminded me, cause I couldn't remember, that she had dating down as one of the things she was looking for along with networking and friends before the admission of having a boyfriend. And that's where things stand as of now.

MY FINAL VERDICT:
On my page I have dating down as one of the things I'm looking for, just to see what's shaking, me not really looking on my end. She finds me, and likes what she sees, sends the friend request, and we start talking. To be honest, she comes clean about her already dating someone, but is still displaying an interest. The meeting goes down...........And I already told you the rest and what at this point myself, the friends I had told about this, and now you, can only assume or speculate.

As of now, I deleted any messages from her in the MySpace inbox, and took her number out of my phone, but have not deleted any comments that were left by her on my page. I'm still trying to be a nice guy here. At any rate, she seemed nice and all, and if she was truly single, I'd be all about her. But I had to satisfy my curiosity about the whole situation, and I hope that her beau isn't the kind of asshole that would slap her around because of this (maybe a reason to look for a new guy? Another theory! Like I said, hope that's not the case). I've speculated a little, now it's time to move on, but I have a heck of a story that could be suited for a cheesy TV-movie.

I've been checking the MySpace page while I've been writing this, and still no communication. But if anything else comes up (doubt it), oh yeah, I'll let you know.

1 comment:

Well Hell Michelle said...

Rusty, this kind of crap only happens to you. I can't wait for your next MySpace encounter :)