Friday, August 17, 2007

Dated TV

Last night I was watching an old episode of "Twilight Zone" about an old man with strange powers who befriends a lonely girl. Come to find out he's a fugitive on the run, ans the little girl starts to ask questions about why he's on the run.........

"Did you kill someone?"

"No."

"Did you rob a bank?"

(here's what cracked me up)

"Are you a......COMMUNIST?"

I assume that if this was made today communist would have been replaced with terrorist.

Still funny, that back in the day, being a member of the communist party seems like a bigger crime than murder. Maybe it's just me. Not that I'm advocating communism mind you

1 comment:

Matty said...

well, god damn it. somebody needs to advocate communism. It works just fine til somebody gets pissy about all the purging.